E-learning, or electronic learning, involves using computer technologies to educate or train via the Internet. It has revolutionised the training industry, increasing flexibility, accessibility and engagement for both employees and employers.
Here are some of the many benefits of e-learning:
Benefits to the employee:
- The employee won’t waste time and money travelling to a training centre.
- Staff will feel more confident in their roles after proper and engaging training.
- Your employees will feel valued because you have spent the money on enrolling them onto an E-learning program.
- 24/7 accessibility means the employee can complete the training at home or in breaks (if paid for their time, of course), meaning they won’t get behind in their work.
- Some staff would feel uncomfortable learning in a large group, so independent learning means that everyone can get the most out of the training.
Benefits to the employer / business owner:
- Staff who feels valued and confident in their roles will be more productive, leading to a thriving business.
- As a business you won’t need to pay staff travel expenses to get to and from training centres.
- No need to pay for a tutor to come into the work place to train face-to-face.
- Your business won’t lose a day to training as it can be done off-site and out of work hours.
- With E-learning you can tailor the training course to your business to get the most from it.
- Save money and time creating and printing training materials yourself.
- You can be sure each employee fully understands each aspect of training and doesn’t hide behind other individuals whilst being trained.
- The E-learning programs will have been specially formulated and tested to ensure they are effective and engaging.
If you’d like to find out more about the many benefits of e-learning, please visit our FAQs page, or don’t hesitate to get in touch.