Prices below will cover all courses (excluding Education Setup Packs) so that you may pick any course, or combination of courses, and the % discount will apply to the total number of learners combined at checkout. There is no expiry date and they can be used at any time. Once allocated to a learner, they have 12 months to complete their course.
|Min Qty||Discount %||Discount £||Price Each (exc. VAT)|
After completing this Emergency First Aid course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the importance of First Aid training.
- Describe the role of being a first aider and the meaning of the 3 Ps.
- Identify the specific actions you should take in the event of an emergency or accident, and describe how to prioritise casualties dependent on their injury.
- Identify the steps involved in a primary and secondary assessment.
- Explain how to perform a top-to-toe survey of a casualty and explain when it would not be appropriate to use this procedure.
- The Emergency First Aid course will cover the purpose of First Aid with regard to the 3 Ps (Preserve life, Prevent further injury, Promote recovery).
- It will cover how the first aider may be required to take different types of actions in the event of an accident/incident.
- It will cover the primary assessment and how this preliminary evaluation of the injured will affect the actions taken next and indicate what needs to be prioritised by the first aider. You will be provided with a breakdown of the ‘DR ABC’ steps to take.
- It will provide you with the steps involved in placing the casualty in the recovery position.
- You will look at the importance of the role of breathing and circulation.
- You will learn the principles of CPR in adults, children, and babies and how the difference in the size of the casualty determines what steps should be followed.
- The course will also cover the conditions that can cause death or serious injury and how these can be minimised.
- This course can be taken by anyone who wishes to obtain a basic understanding of how to apply First Aid.
- The course is an invaluable resource and prepares an individual to treat minor injuries and minimise long-term injury.
- It is ideal for any individuals who wish to take a step towards gaining specific responsibility in providing First Aid.
- This course takes approximately 2 hours to complete.