- Our Performance Coaching Courses will enable you to explain when there is the need for the coaching interview.
- You will be able to describe the interpersonal skills required when coaching, and how these may be applied in both formal and informal situations.
- You will be able to describe the steps involved in agreeing on work performance goals with a member of your team and how to establish confidence and trust in their ability to succeed.
- You will be able to demonstrate the coaching skills in a role-play.
Identifying the need for coaching
- Differences between normal coaching, corrective coaching and training – This Performance Coaching course will cover the different types of coaching available, with a focus on the importance of corrective coaching in maintaining performance standards.
- Reasons for unacceptable performance – Participants will look at when an employee should be approached about ways in which they can improve their behaviour or performance.
- Getting all the facts – A participant will learn the importance of gathering facts when assessing whether the process of communicating with an employee should be carried out.
Effects of poor performance
- The effects of poor performance and unacceptable behaviour – Performance Coaching Courses will apply these to the workplace and explore how they can influence management style and subsequently affect employee behaviour.
- The effects of poor employee performance on different members of staff – The course will cover the effects this has on the individual, the employee’s team and the business as a whole. All employees are required to meet performance standards to ensure the success of a company.
Improving interpersonal skills
- Developing effective interpersonal skills – The course will look at how these can directly affect your professional and personal relationships.
- Maintaining self-esteem – Our Performance Coaching Courses will explore how an individual maintains self-esteem despite members of a team potentially deviating from their assigned role.
- Effective listening and questioning skills – The course will cover ways to establish and perfect these skills.
The structure of a coaching interview
- Structuring a coaching interview – By taking our Performance Coaching course, you will learn how the structure of a coaching interview (introduction, middle and the consolidation) is important in ensuring an individual understands how to improve.
- Practical sessions- You will use these to test how you would coach an individual.
- Triad role-plays- The course will cover how role-plays can enable an interviewer to assess the skills of their interviewee.
Duration: Our performance coaching courses will last 1 day