This course covers safe systems of working for those involved in lifting or carrying at work to minimise accidents and injuries
Prices below will cover all courses (excluding Education Setup Packs) so that you may pick any course, or combination of courses, and the % discount will apply to the total number of learners combined at checkout. There is no expiry date and they can be used at any time. Once allocated to a learner, they have 12 months to complete their course.
|Min Qty||Discount %||Discount £||Price Each (exc. VAT)|
Before you purchase your Course Credits:
Education Setup Pack
- The Manual Handling Course will teach you how injuries are caused by a lack of understanding surrounding manual handling, providing examples of incorrect lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying that might cause injury.
- You will learn about the science of ergonomics (the study of people’s efficiency in the workplace).
- You will discover the common causes of back pain and be provided with the practical steps to avoid employees suffering from this.
- Through the Manual Handling Course, you will find out why a “TILE” and mechanical lifting aids might help to prevent harm and how these can be adopted in the workplace.
- You will learn how to lift, carry and move objects safely.
- The Manual Handling Course will provide you with a definition of manual handling and examples of the different types of handling in the workplace, as well as injuries that can result from lifting objects unsafely.
- You will cover the human body and how strenuous physical labour can affect it.
- You will be given the key causes of back pain in the workplace.
- You will be provided with some practical steps to approach the manual handling assessment within the workplace.
- Our Manual Handling Course suggests different actions that an employer can take to reduce harm caused by poor lifting choices, such as mechanical lifting aids and the impact these have on handling injuries.