A Comprehensive Learning Resource For Those Working with Food
A COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING RESOURCE FOR THOSE WORKING WITH FOOD. Creative Learning Solutions’ Healthy Eating Courses follow the Level 2 standard in Healthier Foods and Special Diets. The courses are ideal for those who wish to develop and enhance their understanding of the principles of healthy eating. You will cover a wide range of objectives, including understanding the role of diet and exercise in maintaining good health and a balanced lifestyle. Healthy eating courses are suitable for staff working in care homes, schools, hospitals, prisons or alternatively for those who are interested in broadening their knowledge of diet and health. Through this course, you will be able to recognise that diet is dependent on factors such as age, gender, weight and wellbeing and thus, nutrition must be catered to these factors when it comes to specific occupations. Healthy eating is an essential part of our day-to-day lives, and greatly impacts our wellbeing and others’ health through our own choices in diet. IPAD FRIENDLY VERSION NOW AVAILABLE
1-4 learners = £30 each
5-9 learners = £25 each
10-19 learners = £20 each
20-49 learners = £17.50 each
50+ learners = £15 each
Thank you for purchasing a setup licence. You can now add this learner licence to your cart by clicking the button below.
Add to cart
- Upon successful completion of this Healthy Eating Course from CLS, you will be awarded a nationally recognised certificate.
- The course is suitable for any members of staff working towards National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ).
- The course will provide an individual with complete training in the workplace and an understanding of how healthy eating and nutrition can be applied in different ways to a working environment, such as a school or a care home.
- The course structure is specifically modular, enabling an individual to take part in the online learning in their own time, and to fit the course in with working shifts and hours.
- The course features a built-in Learning Management System, encouraging dynamic and creative ways of e-learning for individuals.
- The course is also ideal for those who handle food or are interested in food and nutrition in their spare time.
- Our Healthy eating courses will also soon be available in a broadband version.
- Our Healthy Eating Courses cover the link between diet and health and how a poor diet affects the health of the human body.
- Through diagrams of the human body, you will cover the chemistry of basic nutrients and how they are used through digestion, ingestion etc.
- You will cover the sources of popular foods inside and outside the UK; specifically, in relation to the various social, cultural, ethical, economic, political, geographical and religious beliefs that are linked to dietary choices.
- You will learn how to make healthy choices and how balance plays a key part in this.
- You will learn how to deal with special dietary requirements and how a lack of a certain food can lead to malnutrition if a substitute is not provided.
- Healthy Eating Courses cover food labelling and state how these labels indicate a food’s contribution to your daily intake
- You will learn the importance of reducing salt, sugar and fat in the diet and how an active role in your diet minimises diet-related diseases.
- This course will cover the use of the 5-a-day technique in your diet and meal choices, as well as provide a breakdown of the ‘Eatwell’ plate initiative.
- 1-4 learners £30.00 each
- 5-9 learners £25.00 each
- 10-19 learners £20.00 each
- 20-49 learners £17.50 each
- Over 50 learners£15.00 each
- All prices exclude VAT