A Comprehensive Learning Resource For Those Working with Food
Prices below will cover all courses (excluding Education Setup Packs) so that you may pick any course, or combination of courses, and the % discount will apply to the total number of learners combined at checkout. There is no expiry date and they can be used at any time. Once allocated to a learner, they have 12 months to complete their course.
|Min Qty||Discount %||Discount £||Price Each (exc. VAT)|
- Upon successful completion of this Healthy Eating Course from CLS, you will be awarded a nationally recognised certificate.
- The course is suitable for any members of staff working towards National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ).
- The course will provide an individual with complete training in the workplace and an understanding of how healthy eating and nutrition can be applied in different ways to a working environment, such as a school or a care home.
- The course structure is specifically modular, enabling an individual to take part in the online learning in their own time, and to fit the course in with working shifts and hours.
- The course features a built-in Learning Management System, encouraging dynamic and creative ways of e-learning for individuals.
- The course is also ideal for those who handle food or are interested in food and nutrition in their spare time.
- Our Healthy eating courses will also soon be available in a broadband version.
- Our Healthy Eating Courses cover the link between diet and health and how a poor diet affects the health of the human body.
- Through diagrams of the human body, you will cover the chemistry of basic nutrients and how they are used through digestion, ingestion etc.
- You will cover the sources of popular foods inside and outside the UK; specifically, in relation to the various social, cultural, ethical, economic, political, geographical and religious beliefs that are linked to dietary choices.
- You will learn how to make healthy choices and how balance plays a key part in this.
- You will learn how to deal with special dietary requirements and how a lack of a certain food can lead to malnutrition if a substitute is not provided.
- Healthy Eating Courses cover food labelling and state how these labels indicate a food’s contribution to your daily intake
- You will learn the importance of reducing salt, sugar and fat in the diet and how an active role in your diet minimises diet-related diseases.
- This course will cover the use of the 5-a-day technique in your diet and meal choices, as well as provide a breakdown of the ‘Eatwell’ plate initiative.