Meets The Level 2 Food Safety In Catering Standard
To acquire the Food Safety Certificate Level 2, the course will take between 4-5 hours to complete.
- The Creative Learning Solutions’ food safety certificate is accepted and recommended Environmental Health Officers (EHO’s) and employers.
- It is a very cost effective way to train your workforce and provides them with an in-depth understanding of food safety.
- The course is suitable for any food handlers but is an essential course for staff with responsibility of high-risk foods.
- The course is spread across 10 modules enabling you to stop and start your training to fit in with your working day.
- On successful completion, you will be awarded a Food Safety Level 2 certificate. This will demonstrate to an employer that an employee has a basic understanding of food hygiene to a national standard.
- The latest version of this course is available online for use with PC’s, tablets and smartphones
- The Food Safety Certificate Level 2 covers food contamination and the best practices with regards to controlling food hazards.
- You will cover the sources of bacteria and where these can be found
- You will learn about bacterial growth and the specific factors that enhance bacterial growth in low-risk and high-risk foods.
- You will cover how food poisoning occurs through the consumption of unsafe foods and how to reduce and remove contamination risks. Also Included in this module is a section on Allergens
- The course explores the role of an Environmental Health Officer and their responsibility in protecting public health.
- You will learn how food safety risks arise in different areas, from purchasing food to storing, cooking and serving it. Including (HACCP).
- You will look at how kitchen design can increase the chance of contamination and food safety risks.
- You will look at how poor personal hygiene can affect the standard of food produced.
- You will cover the importance of cleanliness and regular cleaning on workstations as a legal requirement.
- The course will cover pest control and how a breach of legal standards can reduce a company’s professional status and food hygiene rating.
- 1-4 learners £30 each
- 5-9 learners £25 each
- 10-19 learners £20 each
- 20-49 learners £17.50 each
- 50+ learners £15 each
- NB. Prices are subject to a 3% certification charge and VAT