Prices below will cover all courses (excluding Education Setup Packs) so that you may pick any course, or combination of courses, and the % discount will apply to the total number of learners combined at checkout. There is no expiry date and they can be used at any time. Once allocated to a learner, they have 12 months to complete their course.
|Min Qty||Discount %||Discount £||Price Each (exc. VAT)|
Before you purchase your Course Credits:
Education Setup Pack
After completing this Allergen Awareness course the learner will be able to:
- Identify a variety of common foods that can cause allergic reactions.
- You will learn how these common food allergies can differ in adults and children.
- Describe the labelling requirements for prepackaged foods, enforced by the Food Labelling Regulations 1996.
- Give examples of ways in which information about allergenic ingredients of food can be provided to consumers on unpackaged foods.
- Explain the actions an individual should take when someone shows signs of having an allergic reaction, particularly if their intolerance can be life-threatening.
- The Allergen Awareness course will cover allergic reactions to food including Anaphylaxis and the serious nature of symptoms that occur when the body’s immune system responds to intolerance.
- The course will cover what the law says about Allergen Awareness and food packaging labels, and who it applies to.
- The course will look at the types of food causing an allergic reaction or intolerance and how the common causes of intolerance can be different in adults and children.
- You will learn about the types of action to take if a person consumes unsafe food and their body responds to the intolerance.
- The course will give an overview of coeliac disease and lactose intolerance.
- You will look at the labelling requirements for prepackaged foods and understand the legal requirements behind packaging in relation to customer care.
- The course will cover labelling requirements for unpackaged foods, such as food served in a restaurant.
- You will learn how to increase customers’ allergen awareness through labelling and packaging.
- The course will cover how to avoid cross-contamination, particularly in large and micro food businesses where there is a lengthy process of producing the food. This may involve companies that manufacture food in factories before it is transported to a food store or restaurant.
- Creative Learning Solutions’ Allergen Awareness course is for any individual who participates in the process of storing, preparing, cooking or serving food.
- It is also ideal for other individuals who come into direct contact with any foodstuffs.
- The course will take around 45 minutes to complete.