This course covers safe systems of working for those involved in lifting or carrying at work to minimise accidents and injuries
The Manual Handling Course follows the RSPH Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace and covers how to lift and carry objects safely when participating in physical activity at work. You will also be provided with a greater awareness of the major impact of injuries caused by incorrect lifting (including back pain), and how such injuries can easily be prevented. The Manual Handling Course can be applied to all types of industries, as risk can be found across a variety of sectors, not just the high-risk sectors such as construction. Poor manual handling choices cost companies money; this is avoidable through a simple alteration of the steps taken when handling heavy goods or objects.
1-9 learners = £20 each
10-19 learners = £17.50 each
20-49 learners = £15 each
50-99 learners = £12.50 each
100+ learners = £10 each
Thank you for purchasing a setup licence. You can now add this learner licence to your cart by clicking the button below.
Add to cart
- The Manual Handling Course will teach you how injuries are caused by a lack of understanding surrounding manual handling, providing examples of incorrect lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying that might cause injury.
- You will learn about the science of ergonomics (the study of people’s efficiency in the workplace).
- You will discover the common causes of back pain and be provided with the practical steps to avoid employees suffering from this.
- Through the Manual Handling Course, you will find out why a “TILE” and mechanical lifting aids might help to prevent harm and how these can be adopted in the workplace.
- You will learn how to lift, carry and move objects safely.
- The Manual Handling Course will provide you with a definition of manual handling and examples of the different types of handling in the workplace, as well as injuries that can result from lifting objects unsafely.
- You will cover the human body and how strenuous physical labour can affect it.
- You will be given the key causes of back pain in the workplace.
- You will be provided with some practical steps to approach the manual handling assessment within the workplace.
- Our Manual Handling Course suggests different actions that an employer can take to reduce harm caused by poor lifting choices, such as mechanical lifting aids and the impact these have on handling injuries.
- 1-9 learners £20 each
- 10-19 learners £17.50 each
- 20-49 learners £15.00 each
- 50-99 learners £12.50 each
- 100+ learners £10 each