Do your courses meet the latest legislation?
Yes – All our courses follow the latest legislation from the respective awarding bodies including The Royal Society for Public Health, (RSPH), The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). Each course is quality checked annually by food safety and health & safety specialists including senior Environmental Health Officers to confirm that they continue to meet the current legislation.
Will your e-Learning courses work on other devices?
Yes, our e-Learning courses can be accessed using a PC or laptop running Windows 7 or later or a MAC and the latest courses/versions* (2016) can be accessed using an ipad, tablet or smartphone.
Are your food safety courses recognised by an official body?
- All our programmes have been endorsed for The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology (SOFHT)
- We are also a Qualifications Approved Centre with the ROYAL SOCIETY FOR PUBLIC HEALTH (RSPH)
How can e-Learning save me money?
Benefits to the employee:
- The employee won’t waste time and money travelling to a training centre.
- Staff will feel more confident in their roles after proper and engaging training.
- Your employees will feel valued because you have spent the money on enrolling them onto an e-Learning program.
- 24/7 accessibility means the employee can complete the training at home or in breaks (if paid for their time, of course), meaning they won’t get behind in their work.
- Some staff would feel uncomfortable learning in a large group, so independent learning means that everyone can get the most out of the training.
Benefits to the employer / business owner:
- Staff who feels valued and confident in their roles will be more productive, leading to a thriving business.
- As a business you won’t need to pay staff travel expenses to get to and from training centres.
- No need to pay for a tutor to come into the work place to train face-to-face.
- Your business won’t lose a day to training as it can be done off-site and out of work hours.
- With e-Learning you can tailor the training course to your business to get the most from it.
- Save money and time creating and printing training materials yourself.
- You can be sure each employee fully understands each aspect of training and doesn’t hide behind other individuals whilst being trained.
- The E-learning programs will have been specially formulated and tested to ensure they are effective and engaging
Can I still take a food safety course if I have a computer but no internet connection?
Our Level 2 Food Safety course is available as an stand alone version on a CD-ROM for customers with a computer but without access to the internet or with very poor connections. This version is especially popular in the more remote areas of both the UK and overseas. Most of our other courses can be delivered in the classroom. Ask us for details.
What can I do if I have no computer?
We are qualified and very experienced trainers and deliver in-house instructor led training for most of our courses. Have a look at our training centre page for details.
Are your e-Learning courses available in other languages?
We currently only offer a Polish version of our Food Safety Interactive but we are able to translate our programmes into almost any language if there are sufficient numbers.
What about upgrades?
If there are any changes to legislation we will let you know once we have made the necessary amendments.
What other types of training do you offer?
Our qualified trainers are licenced to deliver a range of instructor led courses leading to nationally recognised qualifications including:
Food safety – CIEH
Health & Safety – CIEH
Train the Trainer – People 1st
*Food Nutrition & Healthy Eating not yet released for use with an ipad or tablet but can be accessed from a PC or MAC. Due for release late 2017.