Our Basic First Aid course is an invaluable piece of training that provides an individual with the knowledge of how to approach and administer emergency First Aid within the workplace. First aid is a workplace requirement and this Basic First Aid course from Creative Learning Solutions is ideal for providing employees with basic training that will increase their confidence in managing a casualty scene. Employers will cover the minimum requirement in appointing a person to take charge of the First aid arrangements. The role of this appointed person includes looking after the First Aid equipment, maintaining a basic level of First Aid knowledge and calling the emergency services when required. They can also provide emergency cover where a first-aider is absent due to unforeseen circumstances. Even in small, low-hazard organisations where first-aiders may not be considered necessary, there is always the possibility of an accident or sudden illness. Therefore, it is important that someone is always available to take charge of the First Aid arrangements and the Basic First Aid course will provide the foundations for an individual to administer effective care when required.
1-4 learners = £30 each
5-9 learners = £25 each
10-19 learners = £20 each
20-49 learners = £17.50 each
50+ learners = £15 each
Thank you for purchasing a setup licence. You can now add this learner licence to your cart by clicking the button below.
Add to cart
- 1-4 learners = £30 each
- 5-9 learners = £25 each
- 10-19 learners = £20 each
- 20-49 learners = £17.50 each
- 50+ learners = £15 each
After completing this Basic First Aid course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of First Aid and its importance in the workplace.
- You will be able to describe the role of being a first aider and the meaning of the 3 Ps.
- You will be able to describe the Acts and regulations that apply to First Aid and how these can affect a company when neglected.
- Identify the specific actions you should take in the event of an emergency or accident, and describe how to prioritise casualties dependent on their injury.
- Identify the steps involved in a primary and secondary assessment.
- You will be able to explain how to perform a top-to-toe survey of a casualty and explain when it would not be appropriate to use this procedure.
- The Basic First Aid course will cover the purpose of First Aid with regard to the 3 Ps (Preserve life, Prevent further injury, Promote recovery).
- The course will cover how the first aider may be required to take different types of actions in the event of an accident/incident.
- The course will cover the primary assessment and how this preliminary evaluation of the injured will affect the actions taken next and indicate what needs to be prioritised by the first aider. You will be provided with a breakdown of the ‘DR ABC’ steps to take.
- Our Basic First Aid course will provide you with the steps involved in placing the casualty in the recovery position.
- You will look at the importance of the role of breathing and circulation.
- You will learn the principles of CPR in adults, children and babies and how the difference in size of the casualty determines what steps should be followed.
- The course will cover the conditions that can cause death or serious injury and how these can be minimised.
- This Basic First Aid course can be taken by anyone in the workplace who wishes to obtain a basic understanding of how to apply First Aid.
- The course is invaluable and prepares an individual to treat minor injuries and minimise long-term injury.
- It is ideal for any individuals who wish to make a step towards gaining specific responsibility in providing First Aid in the workplace.
- Our Basic First Aid course takes approximately 2 hours to complete.