Prices below will cover all courses (excluding Education Setup Packs) so that you may pick any course, or combination of courses, and the % discount will apply to the total number of learners combined at checkout. There is no expiry date and they can be used at any time. Once allocated to a learner, they have 12 months to complete their course.
|Min Qty||Discount %||Discount £||Price Each (exc. VAT)|
After completing our Data Protection courses, our participants will be able to:
- Recognise why fair and effective data management is important – not only to individuals, but to society as a whole. By learning that we are all Data Subjects and that our employer will also handle our own personal information, it reinforces an individual’s understanding of the importance of maintaining data security.
- Understand the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the penalties a company or employee can face for breaching the eight data protection principles of the Act.
- Learn how to work with information in a way that doesn’t breach the eight data protection principles and learn how the potential breach risks can be assessed and minimised.
- Respond to requests for information from individuals in a way that is legal and effective.
The topics explored in our Data Protection Courses are as follows:
- The courses cover the main provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the various roles the Government and organisations have in collecting and handling data.
- This course goes over the eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You will cover the penalties under the Data Protection Act 1998 and how a breach of security may affect a client’s confidence in their ability to handle personal data properly.
- Data Protection Courses will cover different forms of personal data and sensitive personal data. Stronger data protection is required for more sensitive information.
- You will be provided with a guide to processing, managing, and using data.
- You will be provided with the appropriate steps to take when responding to subject access requests.
- Our Data Protection Courses are intended for employers and employees working with data; be it physical data in the form of storage files or electronic data (computer files).
- It is also intended for those affected by the Data Protection Act and liable to penalties if the Act is broken.
The Data Protection Course should take a participant around 45 minutes to complete.