Our Data Protection courses are suitable for anyone who handles personal information in their day-to-day job. Through reference to the Data Protection Act 1998, this course will cover how the Act plays a crucial role in protecting individuals’ rights and gives guidance on how to work responsibly when handling, storing and processing data, particularly of a personal nature. It is increasingly important to emphasise ways in which we can protect personal data in the digital age. This legislation outlines the eight data principles that should be put in practice when handling data. Ensuring the practice is fair, secure, and transparent is a responsibility for both individuals and organisations and thus, both can be held responsible for breaching data protection laws, and can face monetary penalties for doing so. Our Creative Learning Solutions Data Protection Courses ensure you and your employees comply with the Data Protection Act and provide training on how to handle data correctly. Through an interactive questionnaire, you will be provided with real-life examples of ways in which data information has been breached, and this course effectively conveys the rules which organisations and individuals must follow to avoid this. Everyone plays the role of being a Data Subject at some point in their lives and should understand the cost in losing your own personal data. Through having tight and secure regulations, it will elevate a company’s status and additionally ensure a client’s confidence in the company.
1-9 learners = £20 each
10-19 learners = £17.50 each
20-49 learners = £15 each
50-99 learners = £12.50 each
100+ learners = £10 each
Thank you for purchasing a setup licence. You can now add this learner licence to your cart by clicking the button below.
Add to cart
- 1-9 learners = £20.00 each
- 10-19 learners = £17.50 each
- 20-49 learners = £15.00 each
- 50-99 learners = £12.50 each
- 100+ learners = £10.00 each
After completing our Data Protection courses, our participants will be able to:
- Recognise why fair and effective data management is important – not only to individuals, but to society as a whole. By learning that we are all Data Subjects and that our employer will also handle our own personal information, it reinforces an individual’s understanding of the importance of maintaining data security.
- Understand the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the penalties a company or employee can face for breaching the eight data protection principles of the Act.
- Learn how to work with information in a way that doesn’t breach the eight data protection principles and learn how the potential breach risks can be assessed and minimised.
- Respond to requests for information from individuals in a way that is legal and effective.
The topics explored in our Data Protection Courses are as follows:
- The courses cover the main provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the various roles the Government and organisations have in collecting and handling data.
- This course goes over the eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You will cover the penalties under the Data Protection Act 1998 and how a breach of security may affect a client’s confidence in their ability to handle personal data properly.
- Data Protection Courses will cover different forms of personal data and sensitive personal data. Stronger data protection is required for more sensitive information.
- You will be provided with a guide to processing, managing, and using data.
- You will be provided with the appropriate steps to take when responding to subject access requests.
- Our Data Protection Courses are intended for employers and employees working with data; be it physical data in the form of storage files or electronic data (computer files).
- It is also intended for those affected by the Data Protection Act and liable to penalties if the Act is broken.
The Data Protection Course should take a participant around 45 minutes to complete.