The Creative Learning Solutions’ Communication Skills course, aims to equip employers, managers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills to adopt the most appropriate communication method in the workplace. It will cover a range of topics on the different forms of communication in the workplace, whether that be spoken, written, computer-based or in a meeting.
- Our Communication skills course will enable the participant to define communication and the different processes involved in it.
- You will be able to identify different methods of communicating and explain how and when they should be used appropriately.
- You will be able to explain why communication may break down, due to misunderstanding or a disagreement and describe how this influences the way communication is interpreted.
- Our communication skills course will enable you to describe the skills of effective listening and be able to understand how to approach different points of view that may vary from your own.
- You will be able to describe the basics of transactional analysis and how it can be used to improve communication in the workplace.
- Identify the key factors involved in managing team meetings and how to adapt your communication skills to bigger groups of people in comparison to one-on-one situations.
Our Communication Skills course will cover the following topics:
Sending and receiving information
- Interference – You will look at the factors that get in the way of effective communication and how these can be handled.
- Methods of communicating- You will learn the different types of communication approaches and how to choose the right one dependent on certain situations.
- Building rapport and pacing- You will cover how these can help you develop excellent interpersonal relationships and thus benefit a company’s success.
- Listening and speaking skills – You will learn how they are equally as important as each other in forming good relationships with colleagues.
- Confirming understanding – You will understand the importance of clarifying information received.
- You will explore the widely recognised physiological theory that an individual has three ego states (Adult, Child, Parent) and look at how these affect the way an individual decides how to respond in certain interactions.
- You will look at how to adapt your style of communication in the right manner to different situations.
- You will learn about the different classifications that can be applied to transactions, such as crossed wires and ulterior motives.
- You will cover the use of Transactional Analysis in the workplace and how this can improve interpersonal relationships.
Planning a team meeting
- You will cover the basics of planning a team meeting; preparation, structure, making goals and an agenda.
- You will identify the different types of meeting and how this will affect the type of communication skills you will use.
- You will cover what skills the meeting facilitator requires in his/her role.
- You will learn how to create an environment for involvement and participation from your employees or co-workers, opening up communication possibilities.
- You will identify different behaviours that may arise at meetings and how to handle them effectively.
Duration: 1 day