General Data Protection RegulationEvery time we buy a product, sign up to a service or get a new job, we willingly hand over our personal information, placing our trust in countless companies to handle our data securely and responsibly, despite frequent news of hacks and data breaches. Good news then that data protection laws have evolved in the form of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which serves to harmonise data protection rules across Europe in favour of the consumer. As a company employee, the responsibility falls on you to keep individuals' data safe, secure and processed appropriately. As such, you need to know about, and comply with, the GDPR to avoid serious legal consequences for you and your employer. This course will help you understand the intentions, aims and provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and offers essential, practical advice on how make yourself compliant.
Prices below will cover all courses (excluding licence setup packs) so that you may pick any course, or combination of courses, and the % discount will apply to the total number of learners combined at checkout. There is no expiry date and they can be used at any time. Once allocated to a learner, they have 12 months to complete their course.
|Min Qty||Discount %||Discount £||Price Each (exc. VAT)|
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognise why fair and effective data management is important to individuals and to society as a whole
- Understand the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and the penalties for breaching these
- Work with information in a way that does not breach the data protection principles and individuals’ rights
- Respond to requests for information from individuals in a way that is legal and effective
The following topics are explored in this course General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Essentials:
- Understanding the need for data protection laws
- Explaining the GDPR
- Defining personal data
- Individuals’ rights
- Data protection principles
- Working with data
Creative Learning Solutions’ GDPR Essentials course is aimed at employers and employees from all levels of an organisation, and those from all sectors and offers essential, practical advice on how make yourself compliant.